Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have just started servicing Definit

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSDX

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
AU
Have just started servicing Definity switches, and I am wondering if anyone could advise what type of cards/parts should I carry in a spares kit, while on the road. i.e. what types of cards go faulty regularly?
On other switches that I have worked on, analogue and digital extension cards were prone to go faulty and all service techs carried these types of boards while on the road along with other common parts with a history of regularly going faulty etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I take it with your name ISDX you use to work on those "Crap" switches.I have been working on Definity since 95 used to work for ATT/Lucent/AVAYA, now work for small AVAYA business partner.Take it from me Definity is bomb proof, only part I have ever swapped out is PSU.The analog/digital cards are not like the ones in ISDX, if you used to look at them they used to go faulty,like those codecs.and 16 channels.G3si PSU,and the odd DS1, thats about it, You will enjoy working on what I call "The Rolls Royce" of switches

Regards
Alan

I agree with the above, these switches are pretty reliable. We are mainly a Nortel & Avaya shop, but have been putting in Mitels, Siemens & various others over the years, Definity's are certainly one of the most reliable.

Paul Beddows
Avaya Implementation
Telus
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail via

Geez, just jinx the guy why don't ya...I kid. Would you guys suggest maybe keeping a c-lan spare? Wasn't there a faulty c-lan recently?

I keep a few packs handy in case one was to go bad. As you have already heard here these are very reliable switches. I keep a TN464F, Tn767, Tn2224, TN793B, TN573, and a TN570B. In my case I have a duplicated system so I don't to much worry about processor packs.

Mikey

I would also keep quite a few tapes around. We have had so many bad experiences with Tapes that on occassions we have had to "throw out" some brand new purchased tapes.

On the lighter side of things, the best items to keep in your tool kit is a Maintenance Agreement, support phone number and lots of dollars....

Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back