Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have a Norstar Startalk Flash syste 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushi600

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
US
Have a Norstar Startalk Flash system, and trying to set it up almost like an answering machine.

Caller calls in --> Hears Company Greeting --> Hears Customized Automated Attendent Prompt (chance to enter extensions here)--> Automatically go to General Mailbox

2 problems.
1) there is a long delay before it attempts to transfer to the general mailbox.

2) when it does transfer to the General Mailbox, caller first hears "the operator is not available"

does anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks.

In your AA Prompt tell your caller to press "0" to leave a message. There is no way to speed up the "waiting or digits timer on the flash".

To avoid the operator is not available message you can set GD mail box extension to a phatom number the system will then deposit caller in GD box because the extension you specified doesn't exist.

Thanks for the reply. Saves me a few hours of trying to shorten something that can't be shortened :)

The second suggestion is what I have now... however it only works if the caller enters a number. After a certain number of seconds, it automatically transfers to the operator, in which case the caller gets an "operator not available" and is kicked to the General Delivery mailbox. I want the automatic transfer, but don't want the error message. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back