Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have 2 sub groups under a Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

nag999

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
IN
Hi Dudes,

I had a very different situation in CR. I am using Crystal 8.5 version.I want to have 2 sub groups under a single group as below.

Store # 35(Group 1)
(Sub Group1)Yearly Sales Amount
2001 1000
2002 1200

(Sub Group2)Shipped Via Order Count
Fedex 30
UPS 32

How can we achieve this? As Crystal Creates Sub Group with in Group.

Any help is really appreciated.

Regards,
Nagaraj

I don't know this is a good idea or not,

Try to use two subreports placed in the same level of report, with linking each subreport with the 1st grouping criteria.

Two other possible solutions:
a) One Group for Yearly within Store Group (what you call subgroup, but all groups are in principle the same, and their hierarchy can be changed using Group Expert)
b) Three layers of Group: Store, Yearly and Shipped. You'd need a bit of clever coding to make sure Shipped only occurred once within Yearly

Madawc Williams
East Anglia, Great Britain

Hi Williams and ummul,

Sol (b) is not possible. I think i will try to find out how subreport help in this aspect.

Thanks Williams and ummul,

Regards,
Nagaraj

I think you could accomplish this using crosstabs as follows:

Create two group footers Group#1a and Group#1b and insert a crosstab in each. For the Group#1a crosstab, choose {table.date} as your row and {table.salesamt} as your column. For the second crosstab, use {table.shippedvia} as your row, and {table.ordercount} as your column.

If you don't want grid lines, go to format crosstab->customize style->format gridlines and uncheck "show grid lines."

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back