Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has someone installed Metaframe XP on a Windows 2003 Server??

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdde

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
ES
I have tryied to install it and I get the following error:
ica.exe Entry Point Not Found; The procedure Entry point Centerwindowrelativetoparent could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll
Anybody can help me, please??

FR2 probably won't work with Windows 2003 server, because there's no way that Citrix can have tested it. MetaFrame integrates so tightly with the Operating System that I would not even think about testing this.

The FR3 Tech Preview, OTOH, works well with .NET Server RC1 - but again, I would not hold my breath and expect it to work with RC2 (2003 Server), simply because of the time it was issued.

If you need to work at this "bleeding edge", then I would suggest you contact Citrix directly, since only they can answer this.

I hope this helps. CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Hi,

SP3 on the FR3_CD contains the base install + sp3 hotfixes.
Insert Metaframe FR3 CD in cd-rom. Autorun.exe will bring up the splash screen. Click on "Install or Update Metaframe XP Server". Now, choose "Metaframe XP Service Pack 3".

Regards,
Pieter Claassens.

I'm glad this was bumped to the top - I have had FR3 running on Windows 2003 server in my test lab for some time now - and can report that it works fine. The only snag I came across was in Terminal Services - clients need to be licensed Per Device.

The new security settings in IE are a bit surprising - I had to unlock it using the IE Res Kit to make sure my users got the system they expected - but left a few of the lock downs in place, as I could just blame Microsoft for tightening up my security ;-)

Interoperability seems good - and the new Terminal Services client is excellent. But, of course, it still doesn't do CDM, Published Apps, or support my Linux users and terminals, so I'm not getting rid of Citrix any time soon.

I thought the whole idea of w2k3 was that you could map printers and drives? w2k with the latest client will map your printers but not your drives! On w2k3 isn't drive remapping turned off by default?

Also, if you use the latest client, you can create a link to a specific application but, it doesn't run it in a seamless mode like Citrix but you can get away with it!

But as you say, it doesn't replace Citrix....yet....!!

Addition :- W2K3 definately supports client drive mapping and printer mapping!

Still....Citrix does have a crucial role to play...

I obviously haven't read enough about W2k3, ogi! Is it me, or does the session appear to be slower when you enable CDM in W2k3?

Not really played with it and timed these things, I'll try to examine it in detail next week.

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back