Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has Anyone Used Corel Draw Essential 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedriver

Technical User
Feb 12, 2005
CA
Hi Everyone,
I need to buy a graphics program and I am considering getting Corel Draw Essential (not Essential 2). If any of you has used /using this program, can you let me know your opinion of it in terms of ease of learning and use, availability of fonts and, importantly, whether the project can be saved as PDF or not.

Thanks.

[cat]

My Link

I think Essentials had some bits removed, possibly separation functions and some import/export filters, Corel NG (news group available through the Corel website) may be able to help further. As for pdf I personally am not a great fan of pdf export filters in any programme, I prefer either full Acrobat or Jaws or similar.
Alan

Hello Brushman,
Thanks for your reply and letting me know about the Corel Newsgroup, which I certainly will visit. In my work, I need to convert the Corel project into PDF so if I can save as PDF using just Corel I hope will make my life easier [bigsmile].

You will be able to save/export/publish to pdf usinf Corel Draw but better check about Essentials as this could easily be a bit that has been disabled, as I said earlier full Acrobat or Jaws would be better, you could then create pdfs from any programme and also take advantage of the excellent Corel print engine. Fonts used are same as any Windows font but I think less are included in the package.
Alan

Hello Alan,
Thanks for the reply. I certainly will ask the Corel Newsgroup whether Essetials has the PDF engine or not. I also saw Corel 9 going cheap on ebay so I'm looking into that too.

Corel V9 (if the entire suite) may well be a better bet
Alan

Thanks Alan. Since I don't know what the entire Corel 9 suite should include, I'll ask the seller.

Suite will include Photo Paint as well as other utilities which I'm not sure of. Photo Paint is very good and not a bad substitute for Photoshop depending on your needs.
Alan

Hello Alan,
OK. Now that I am beginning to know a bit more about Corel Draw, I wouldn't mind having the entire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back