Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone seen this

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn8210

Technical User
May 26, 2004
GB
I was working on an IP 406 V2 with 2.1(27) 2DT 30 and a phone 16.

I building has 4 floors installed the system and it was working great. I when on site to make some basic changes etc.

I went to the basement on a windows 2000 machine made a change to a group and then merged the config it took 1 minute to finish and then the box was inaccssible. I went into the from of the box via the lan port the ip address was changed from 10.0.0.197 to 10.0.0.118 and the box had a default config. So i reloaded the old config and got the system up and running again.

Is the machine in the basement working on the same software release as the other pc on which you do your config changes ??

It seems you have loaded an other .cfg file into the system with that other pc

yes this machine the only difference was the os and it was in the basement also the network is very good. connection wise

before making changes on a running system always perform a backup and start the monitor, so you can see what you ipoffice does while making changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back