Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone intergrated their switch for cellular? 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
US
How do we do this? We are working with Sprint and want to integrate our G3r with the cell phones. In other words we want the conveniece of nation wide cellular and 4 digit dialing.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

Well, I have MV 1.2 and don't need a loopback. What did I do that defies all logic, but also works?

Kris

Kris, if you have a PRI in you system you do not need loop back, in loop back you send a call out one PRI and recieve it back in the other PRI then the system routes via ARS.

I even forced the XMobil call to a tie trunk thru ars and the system overroad, found the PRI and sent the call out the PRI?? dont know why

Snapper,

Another way is to work with your cellular provider to build a routing interface from their network to your private network. I did this with Verizon 10 years ago and now our cellular users are able to dial using our 5-digit dial plan and the only connection is a few PRI's for in/outbound calling.

We just upgraded a site to CM1.3 and they did not provide the EC500 RTU. If someone could email me the promotion info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, WHCARon

kristiandg & SF0751,

Can you send me some detials about the EC500 promotion you're talking about. All our upgrades to MultiVantage and now Communications Manager included only 5 RTU ports for EC500. None included RTU up to the port count on the PBX.

Whatever you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks, WHCARon (repeterson@att.com)

From a presentation that Avaya gave to our local INAAU meeting: IP Softphone or EC500 users are FOC when purchased with upgrades or new systems.

Perhaps you received IP softphones instead of EC500?

I will email a copy of the Powerpoint presentation to you.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

You should definately take a look at the Ascendent stuff. Really robust and cellular carrier/pbx agnostic.

Only 5 are included, not your total port count any EC500 licenses you would like above 5 you will have to purchase.

Thank you,
VOIPEng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back