Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone intergrated their switch for cellular? 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
US
How do we do this? We are working with Sprint and want to integrate our G3r with the cell phones. In other words we want the conveniece of nation wide cellular and 4 digit dialing.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

If you have MultiVantage (aka r11), you can use EC500. I'm still playing with this, but someone out there could provide you with more information......

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

Regarding EC500, this is optional software on the Avaya voice server that provides the ability to bridge a cell phone number with an extension/DID#. A call to the extension simultaneously rings the desktop phone and the cell phone. With resepect to hardware, a T1 loop-back configuration is required. This loopback may be either T1 circuit packs (e.g. TN464) which are dedicated to the EC500 solution; 2 are required with a physical loopback, or the MedPro using IP Trunks; a logical loopback. Nice thing with the MedPro is it can be used for more than just EC500.

Bottom line: used this very successfully with high user satisfaction.

Agree with the above sentiments, we have deployed this and it works quite well, and is fairly seamless for the end-user.

EC 500 works very well, highly recommend it. VERY easy to administer as well.

EC500 no longer requires loopback of a local T1/PRI.

Kris

Yes, I have to agree EC500 is a great application, if your switch isn't running MV, you can also look at MCK's MobileConneX, it's a pretty great product adds some enhancements that the EC500 doesn't have, such as extension dialing and conferencing.

Frank

Thank you,
VOIPEng

Yes, I do have V11. How exactly is this configured? Is te software installed into the switch or is it like ASA or DSA where we admin via desktop? Do I need 2 TN464 circuit packs? Anything else?

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

The software is RTU based so it needs to be turned on and you will need sufficient RTU for the stations you wish to enable.

Avaya's got a promo going on right now that you can get free EC500 licenses up to your port count on the PBX.

Very cool.

Kris

This is true as I recieved 1600 RTU for free with a recent upgrade.

The promo's only good if you are purchasing a new switch or upgrading........ but we upgraded to r11 several months back, so I'm SOL :-( Darn it.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

You might be able to fight your vendor about that. They usually know somewhat ahead of time what offers are coming down the pike.

Its at least worth a try.

Kris

There is an adjunt product that uses ISDN PRI Tie spans to connect to the Definity. Go to They provide more features like Simultaneous Ringing, a great web based User Interface as will as a Telephone IVR based Interface, Unified Voice Mail, ability to transfer calls answered on a cell to PBX stations, --- the list goes on.

It all works great! Thanks all so much for you help.

Attitude is everthing.
-Snapper

EC500 without loopback is only available on R11 MultiVantage R1.3. If you have R11 MV1.1 or MV1.2 a version upgrade is required to implement EC500 without DS1 or IP Trunk loopback.

EC 500 requires a PRI or IP trunks to work, this was from v9.5 to present. loop back is still required if no PRI or IP trunking is available, this is to trick the system in thinking its sending it out a PRI. Loop back is not required in any version if PRI is present. We use EC500 in 9.5,10 and 11. All have PRI and no loop back

Hi All
We would like to test out the mobility option ,can anyone explain how to set the mobility option for my cell phone.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back