Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone installed an App server via Proxmox? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeNC

Vendor
Aug 29, 2018
US
As the title states, has anyone used Proxmox to host their App server? If so, any issues?

I'm going to be doing it soon too. I'll keep this thread updated on the progress. Currently have a Dell Optiplex coming in that I will load Proxmox and the app server on.

When was VMware or other platforms (Hyper-V) ever truly supported by Avaya? :p

Last I spoke with Avaya on VMware they kept saying "it's not something we support

I guess this is all down to the Broadcom takeover!

I heard rumors that Avaya is discussing to support KVM/Proxmox as platform. But currently they are only 'talking' about it. In my opinion the target customers for IPO are exactly those who will have the biggest impact by VMware's new politics. So many will move to Proxmox and so Avaya should try to find a way to support proxmox.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

From Avaya,

[highlight #FCE94F]Thank you for your time on call.
As you are aware Proxmox is a full virtualization platform and IP Office does not support the full virtualization therefore HyperV and ESXI is supported. However, Proxmox have the ability to restore VMs from ESXI backups and working further as a Proxmox VM, but as I mentioned this was never tested with Proxmox therefore, not supported. Good stuff to be honest but officially not supported. What I can advise is to try to import the esxi IPO backup to Proxmox and make sure in that the VM details are the same as it was on EXSi.
The ability to import esxi backup to Proxmox is available from Proxmox version 8.2.

Customer can use it, but risk is their own if it causes any degradation or unexpected behavior of IP Office.
[/highlight]

They didn't answer my original question though, which is whether or not they have future plans to support it considering the VMware situation.

The buzz I've heard is all around looking at Nutanix.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Nutanix is supported as platform for ASBCE. Generally Nutanix is KVM as Proxmox is as well.

So maybe there is a little chance, especially because Proxmox is used by smaller customers like those use IP Office. It's just a matter of testing. KVM images have been provided for IPO in the past.

The KVM image for ASBCE can be imported into Proxmox without issues.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

nice article ipohead

Corporate greed seems to pay for the CEO at the time as they are getting payouts either way and then leave the company or run it into the ground but getting rich in the process while their workers get left holding the bag.
My previous employer had a CEO like that and the company went bust, him, his family members that he hired during this process were all well compensated and all the workers got screwed out of their severance payments, vacation payouts and their jobs.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Update: I have Proxmox running on a Optiplex 7090 and installed 11.1.3.1 Application Server onto it. Currently running flawlessly but I'll have to keep testing it extensively.

Loaded the ISO (not OVA) and manually configured. Most was left on default settings except for CPU/Memory/HD space/etc.

After I'm done testing and see no issues, i'll most likely write up a guide for anyone that is interested.

I'll test out R12 also and will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back