Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone heard of Trojan downloader.onenet.b virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuxiliaryPower

Technical User
Feb 18, 2004
CA
Hi there.
I can't find any information on this at all. Every once in a while. AVG will pop saying resident shield has found trojan horse Downloader.Onenet.B. To remove this virus run AVG for Windows. I run AVG and it finds nothing. I am using Windows XP Pro. Any ideas???? Also doing a search on the internet is turning up no information for me.

Try a online scan at

I,ve had this as well with AVG, saying it detected a virus, ran repeated scans and it shows all clear. Perhaps it is gone?
Or perhaps AVG realised it was a legit file or something. Idid a search too and found nothing in Symantec.

pech

also,
go to this site and download these tools and updates for adaware6.181 and the ref file
spybot search and destroy and it's ref file
CWShreddder
hijack this.

run the first three, but with cwshredder, close all programs and browsers and click the fix button.

then do a hijack this log, click save the log and post it on here so we can have a look at it for ya.

khaz

I'm also being plagued with this - think it's probably an adware/spyware issue, since I got slammed with some a couple of weeks ago. Even thought AVG is sending the detection message, it doesn't find it on a complete scan. (I have freeware version of AVG.) I am only seeing the message when my PC comes up after hibernation.

Adaware doesn't find it (it's in a Restore folder on my PC; restore is not turned on), doxdesk.com.pararsite's online scan didn't find it, trendmicro's online scan didn't find it.

Will download, install and run the THREE other programs you have listed (sigh) and let you know results. What a pain.

Gwen

If it's in system restore it isn't going to go anywhere. So your safe enough with it in there.

pech

True, but it's a pain - would like to get ride of it.

Are you sure system restore is turned off? If it's turned off then the file shouldn't be in there. If you deleted it, maybe some instance of it is still in your registry and it is this which AVG is reporting. Are you still getting AVG reports on it? Possibly after a while it will go away as it might already have been deleted by you or AVG, check your virus vault for it and do a search by name if you know it's name but if AVG doesn't give you a name then I'd imagine it's gone?

khaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back