Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone ever encountered this????

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvnblk

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
US
In our public folders, there are certian posts that I am unable to delete. When I try to delete using Outlook 2k, I get this error message...

"The item could ot be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied."

When I view the permissions from the Exchange 2K System Manager, I see that I have "Owner" rights and on top of this I also have Full Administator rights.

When I go into the M Drive to try to delete the file from there, I get an access denied error. I have also checked the *.eml file to find that I can only view the "Owner" information. I am unable to actually take ownership of the file.

How do I delete these files if I can not take ownership of the file?

Don't mess around in the M: drive ever. Don't virus scan it, don't defrag it, don't delete anything.

This is a virtual drive.

Go into system manager on exchange and try deleting them there.

Thank you Tom11011 for your response!

I am all too aware of the taboos of the infamous M drive.

The problem is that the System Manager doesn't let me get down to the contents of the Public Folders. And it is not the public folder I am trying to delete, it is some of the files within it.

The only two places (that I know of) to go to in order delete a posted message or its attachments are from either the Public Folders within Outlook or from that all too scary M drive under the Public Folder there. But there in lies the problem. I can not delete or change the files from either location. Nor can I change the permissions or even take ownership of the files.

Any further advice is greatly appreciated!!

Try using MDBVUE. It is on the Exchange 2000 CD. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back