Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone else upgraded to Arc-Serve 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC7236

MIS
Nov 14, 2001
US
I have upgraded and I am having some issues and was wondering if any one else is having issues as well? [bigears]

Hi,

I have upgraded to AS9 and it seems to be pretty cool.

STORAGEBOY

I am testing it and works good as of now... Had few Issues and solved it using Email support of CA...

But a good product..

DatabaseBaba...

Let us know what your issues are and we will help!

-arcagent :)

1. After a Re-Boot I can’t authenticate using the “caroot/user” to the backup server. I have to restart the “Bright Store Controller & “Bright Store Domain Server”

2. We are currently running Sybase and don't use a transaction log so I disable the backup transaction log option via agent options but even though I unchecked this box the changes are not reflected and Arc-Serve still attempts a transaction log backup.

3. When using the Bright Store remote interface the dialog boxes such as “Insert a certain media OK/Cancel” are not shown in the remote interface, I have to go directly to the interface on the server to see these messages.

4. Just starting as of yesterday the Bright Store UnivAgent is running wild on one of my production servers. There was no backup activity from the Bright Store backup server yet this agent was busy enough to utilize about 70 percent of my servers resources bringing a quad processor server with 8GB of Ram down to it’s knees, interfering with the daily production process that run on this computer.

Other than the problems listed above I like the program better than the last version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back