Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone else had this DLL Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spence74

Programmer
Jul 16, 2004
US
I have a two piece application, both written in VB6. A normal front end data entry app and a DLL to handle the calls to the database.

When I run the program using the compiled EXE/DLL and try to update a record, it gives me the following error:
3421 Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current operation.

When I run the code in the VB6 environment to debug it works perfectly. I recompiled both the application and the dll to make sure that I am using the same code as the VB projects and that does not make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

MS says...
adErrDataConversion : You might have supplied a string to an operation that expects a stream.
Inside your code you may be supplying a wrong value to the parameter...that means of different type. There is no other source for occuring this type of error.

Sharing the best from my side...

--Prashant--

That is what I was thinking at first, which is why I ran the program in debug mode. That is where the confusion starts. Running in debug mode does not generate the error and the database updates just fine.

My contribution is a bit late perhaps and I won't pretend to have a solution to your precise problem but have you tried building any delays into the compiled code? I've often found that problems apparently disappear in debug mode simply because, by running in that mode, the code is being radically slowed down thus preventing conflicts that might otherwise arise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back