Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone connected an IP500v1 with a Switchvox 65 via SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AguaFria

Programmer
Feb 1, 2006
US
I am a little stuck - I am trying to get a SIP trunk up between a Digium Switchvox 65 and an IP 500v1? The trunk on the IP Office seems to come up, but the switchvox never connects and keeps kicking back that the IP Office is not responding to SIP OPTIONS. Any insight would be appreciated. Sorry if I sound like a noob with this question, but it is a first for me, and I am trying to get it in my lab before I get a customer wanting it.

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

Let me add - a simple whitepaper would be greatly appreciated if you know where to find one...

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

Under your sip Trunk how do you have the layer 4 set? if it is LAN 1 or LAN 2 try setting to none and let your IP routes send out the traffic.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

MAkes sense - tried that and it lit up the option for what port I want the IPO to listen on, but still no dice - here is a report that the Digium is returning when I run the diagnostic on the line.

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

http://www.mediafire.com/?w21pxvx1s2whk6k
how is this configured? on your LAN?

if so, Kevins suggestion above should help.

post some IPO SIP traces if you can, so we can see whats going on.

ACSS - SME

OK - solved my own issue - helps if you add the"@192.168.x.x" into the shortcode...

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

I was chasing an error that didn't matter in the Switchvox - thanks for the help. the trace is what gave it away.

Ian Engel
Agua Fria Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back