Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone any idea how to change t

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkGraduate

Programmer
Jul 26, 2003
GB
Has anyone any idea how to change the size of my screen at bootup?

A while ago I hit a button on my laptop and during bootup, it changed the screen size to a small square in the middle of my screen.
Repressing this button caused my screen to go back to normal but only while windows 2000 is loaded. Now, everytime i boot up, the screen is small, and doesn't go large until windows is loaded. Its the same for Linux that I've got on as a dual bootup, the Linux remains in the small screen throughout, as does playing games on windows.

I've tried pressing the buttons again and they don't seem to make a difference (the button is "CRT/LCD", Fn+F8 and there is another button which is like a "empty screen with an A in it/filled screen with A in it" Fn+F5).
My screen size in Windows 2000 is 1400x1025 and my laptop is Dell Inspiron 8100. Anyone got any ideas?????

Usually in the bios settings there is an option for full screen mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back