Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hardware reset on a CISCO 1600 series ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skugler

Programmer
Aug 5, 2004
DE
hi all...
I have a CISCO router 1600series model 1603.
I don't know anything ...I don't know all passwords and user.
I want to reset everything...but where is the hardware reset ? has this router no hardware reset ?
I found only documentation to find passwords...but I don't want to have the old password. I need only the router to config new network and ISDN connection. when I login with windows hyper terminal I only get the question for a password...and I can't connect to reset the hardware by software. is there no reset button ?
can someone help me to reset the router back to default configuration ?
thanks...
regards steffen

thank you for help but I also was on this side to ckeck password....but is therr eally no function to flush everything ?
perhaps when you open the router...it should be something like to flush cmos on a mainboard:)
thanks for info I will replay when I got a success:)

steffen

do you know how to change ip address on cisco 2503 ?
is there also a good documentation at cisco ?
are the description or "how-to-do" the same like other cisco routers configurations ?
do I really need the RJ45-to-RJ45 cable and a RJ45-DB25-Adapter (console) to change configuration e.g. ip, gateway...etc.

steffen

If you want to reset everything, and start from scratch, use the procedure for password recovery. Then, once in the router, do a "erase start" comand from the exec config prompt (router#). Then reboot the router. It should start up in the default mode.

To do anything on a Cisco router (or switch) you really need the console cable. There is documentation on the Cisco web site on how to configure the cable/adapter.
To change an IP address on an interface:
Go to the priveleg exec prompt by typing "enable", then hit enter.
Type "config term", then hit enter.
Go to the interface you want to change, "int e0/0" then enter.
Type "ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0" then enter.
Type "exit" twice to return to the # prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back