Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hardware conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2004
US
I am having a problem with my CD-RW and external HD when I load SystemWorks 2004. The problem I get a [Drive] not accessable on both of my CD-RW's and external HD. Incorrect function. When I reboot I can work my drives (except the external HD) until I take the CD that is presently in (when I rebotted) and substitute another CD. When I do this I get the same error message again. When I deleted SystemWorks from my computer, everything went back to working fine. I reloaded the program, installing only the anti-virus program (there is a main program that loads with the virus program) and the problem started all over again. It absolutely sounds like a conflict problem, or at least a non-recognition problem, but I cannot figure out where, as the system check shown the CD-RW and external HD functioning properly. I have decided that this is above my pay grade. I am wondering if anyone out there has any ideas.
Thanks
psychtester

Go to symantec web site there is documentaion to your problem. Unfortunately symantec does not have a fix at this time. Found an other problem cant have two forum browsers on at same time so I can't give you link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back