Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hard return

Status
Not open for further replies.

knitwit

Technical User
Apr 14, 2003
US
Crystal XI, Oracle 9i
Hi,
I am trying to replace the hard returns within a text field with a space. I have tried
Replace ({@return1},chr(0013) ,"" )
But my data remains unchanged. Do I have the correct character code?
Thanks

try chr(13).

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

How do you know there is a carriage return in the field? Format the field and make sure the "can grow" property is turned off.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

I confirmed the carriage return by checking the data in the Oracle form. The form is set much wider than the data in it. When I "delete" once at the end of the first line of data in the form, line 2 appends to line 1 and then wraps when it reaches the end of the width of the form.

I also checked with the end user and she is entering hard returns in the data (ugh!).

When I refreshed the report after deleting one hard return, the report reflected the change. I turned off the can grow function and this didn't make any difference.

Try:

replace(replace({table.field},chr(13),"" ),chr(10),"")

This would remove any line feeds, also.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back