Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2001
US
Exchange 2000.
I built a new exchange server in an isolated enviroment. Attempted to restore the information store from tape backup of our production exchange server.

Restore process completes. Can't mount the information store. If you try to manually mount the store, it is suggested that you re-start all Exchange Services. That doesn't help.

In the application log there is an error stating "database restored from a backup set on which hard recovery was not run or did not complete succesfully"

How do i run hard recovery?

eseutil /cc

Also if you check the "last backup set" on the restore it does this for you. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Actually, I did that. It turns out that you have to have the same Exchange Service Pack applied to your recovery server as your production server. Once I applied the srevice pack and then restored from tape again, the infomration store mounted just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back