Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hard drives to different machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearyogi

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
US
I was running XP Pro on a Dell computer I had 450Mhz. I had 2 HD's, master was a western digital and slave was Samsung. I thought it would be easy enough just to pull the drives and put them in a HP machine (1.7Ghz) someone gave me that the HD was bad in. I did that and on boot up I got a NTLDR missing error. I thought ok I will just put them back in the Dell machine and put a new HD in the HP. Now, when I did that I got the same NTLDR message. I didn't change jumpers or anything. Now my wife's upset because I can't access any of her email or other stuff until I get it fixed.
Someone help me get out of the dog house.

I do have access to the Dell machine but w/ the DD that I want to use as the master (WD)I get the NTLDR error. I installed XP on the slave (Samsung) and have got it running but not right yet. I haven't gotten a chance to look into the pages you posted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back