Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard drive swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywolf96

Instructor
Apr 9, 2001
US
P3, soyo MB, win 98SE, 384M ram, 13G primary hard drive-bootup drive, 40G secondary hard drive for video editing, using software to recognize the 40G.

1. What is the easiest way to make my 40G the primary bootup drive and transfer all programs from the 13G? Would like to avoid having to reinstall all software and associated updates. I then will buy an 80G as secondary hard drive for video editing.

2. Can I then take the 13G hard drive and put it in a Pentium 1 which now has the standard 1.2G hard drive? I use this machine as a networked game station (right now just two direct networked cards between computers) for two-player games.

1 Ghost, but will your hardware support the drive?

2 Possibly. but you will probably want a clean reinstall Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Thanks.

Guess you're right and time to move on to newer system if it really appears necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back