Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Drive Replacement on Avaya IPOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikie

Technical User
Apr 28, 2016
GH
Hi All,

I currently have a SE with two HDD's (300GB each). One HDD is faulty (amber LED).
Clearly, this needs to be fixed. I took over from an installer who doesn't remember whether it's RAID 0 or 1.
But since the server is still running, it's good to assume it's a RAID-1..?
I want to know if it's possible to hot swap??
Any other pointers or tips??
I need all the help I can get right now.

Thanks.

First stop would be what's the make and model of the server and who supplied it? The official Avaya platforms are all rebranded Dell or HP boxes configured for RAID1. Not hot swappable as far as I'm aware.

If its any of those you can get the docs from Avaya and HP/DELL. Have a look at the IP Office Contact Recorder installation manual. The section on adding additional disks includes links to the server maintenance docs which hopefully include something for drive replacement. See
Crossed-fingers for you but the one RAID replacement I've ever had to do turned out to be a breeze.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

On HP servers the individual drives are marked on the front if they are hot swappable.

If the RAID allows this may depend on the controller so if you can get more information that would help.

I think an amber fault is a drive error but not enough to actually stop it working.

Thanks. It appears a hot swap does not affect the system on an RAID-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back