Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Drive Partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarrHead

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
Is hard drive Partitioning have any defence against virus infection or adware/spywhere? I want to know if I divide my drive into 3 sections and the middle section is infected will it take out the entire drive or just that partition. Thanks in advance.

If you have multi-boot set up with something like partition magic the non-active partitions will be protected for the most part. But there are things that can still get you.
If just multiple logical drives you have no protection.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

My experience is that that the virus and hijaking sw go everywhere. The temp itnernet directory is also used as a source to find your logical drives.

BTW, "HijackThis" Works wonder for me if you are interested in preventing trojan horses.

You may also want to check out Merijn.org this site for very good anti-spyware info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back