Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Drive/Install Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtiv

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2002
US
Ok, so last week my HP 1000r RAS server experienced the following: We had a power outgage but the server kicked back in when the UPS took over. We shut the machine down right away gracefully but when we brought it back up when the power came back, we got the dreaded "Operating System Not Found" message.....first thing I thought of was failed hard drive. This is a single drive server. Worked with HP who eventually shipped me out a new drive.

Threw the new drive in and popped the W2K Server CD in to start from scratch and after copying the files, I get the option to "Install Windows 2000 by pressing enter". When I do that, I get "Windows cannot detect any hard drives, press F3 to exit" ???

It's a brand new, straight out of the box hard drive.

Any tips?

Hi, I have had this problem. When the install starts, you have to hit F6 (I think?) to tell W2K you want to load a SCSi driver, or possibly a RAID card driver. Even if W2K thinks it has the driver load another one and see if that works. I also had this problem with NT4 on a server with a fast processor. The video goes so fast you can't see the (first)option to install a ScSi driver. Once the boot from CD process starts, just hit the F6 key every few seconds. That should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back