Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard drive going loopy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticklz

MIS
Mar 30, 2000
GB
My hard drive has Win 2K Advanced Server. Suddenly out of the blue, on start up, it will log me in, start up windows as soon as i start navigating, the PC will restart itself over again and continue in that same loop. Ive checked all the fans incase a component is overheating etc but they are all intact. What could the problem be?

Thanks. Who's that girl! :)

There are several things that could cause this. Bad hard drive, corrupt files, bad memory, network card etc..... Try booting in safe mode if it will boot in safe mode you may have a hardware problem. If there is some hardware that is not on the HCL then that could be your problem.

What are the specs of the Win2K server you are using? James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I have come across similar problems with win2k (all versions). This Problem arises if you are using a AGP Card. The solution is, reboot the PC, GO to the BIOS setup & look for AGP APERTURE SIZE somewhere in the menus & set it to the maximum value the motherboard will support. Save the settings & reboot. Voila! win2k works properly. Also download the motherboard AGP drivers (latest) & install them.

(Practically Tried & Tested Solutions Only)
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back