Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Drive Fills up for seemingly no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittywes38

Technical User
Apr 16, 2004
US
Hello All,

I have come upon 2 computers that have hard drive issues. Operating system is XP Pro. Virtual Memory is about 720 MG on both.
Each computer shows the hard drive as full. Maxed out. No room for even doing a diagostic. However, each computer should have at least 25 gigs free. In searching for files to delete to free up space there isn't any files that indicate a massive amount causing the hard drives to be filled up. I had to reimage both drives and then ran chkdisk which indicated the drives were good.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to how this could happen? Each computer is on a microsoft network.

Thanks,

Smittywes38

Well, there is a REASON the drive is filling up. You have to identify WHAT folder is filling up the drive.

TreeSizePro free edition will tell you which folder is the hog.

I use the paid version and it's good software.

Thanks for the input folks. I will look at these suggestions today. We'll see if they help.
I figured something was loading off the network, At any rate I hope to respond here with a success story.

Thanks again.

Smittywes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back