Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Disk Recovery Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechYa

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
AE
Hi Guys,

We are a rather large company and having frequent physical failures with our laptops/desktop hard disks...

We are currently using a 3rd party to recover data and was thinking of buying some Electronic Hard Disk Recovery Equipment.

Could anyone recommend something ?

Thanks

Lyndon

that is u are looking for HDD that recoveries lost partitions/data automatically ?

i mean what's wrong with ur current recovery software?

Hi Santei,

Im looking for Hardware recovery media...for laptop / pc disks that crash and fail to boot up / not detectable by the pc / operating system.

I use Ontrack Easy Recovery for hard disks that boot up and are detectable but have I/O errors..

Hi Santei,

Im looking for hardware equipment I can buy to recover it myself...I dont want to give my disks to a 3rd party company.

Thanks

Lyndon

oh, now i c what are u looking for :)
but i guess i'm useless to u.

Not really...Thank you for replying

Lyndon,

You should look into PC-3000 for recovering "dead" hard drives. it allows you to get the drive operable so that the data can be recovered.

Thats exactly what Im looking at !

Its rather pricey which is expected...do you have any experience with PC-3000 ?

What is the success rate ?

We have a lot of experience with it and with data recovery. Success rates can vary between hard drive manufacturers and familys of drives. If the failure is firmware, which is often the case, the chances of a recovery are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back