Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hard Coding Primary SYNC source on CM 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

voippbx

Programmer
Jun 6, 2006
US
I cannot do the change sync on CM3.1.....it has to be done via disable sync ---- then set sync xxxx. The problem I have is it goes back to the tone board and never back to the primary trunk group of the PRI-interface???

I know if there are many errors and slips it will change, but can it change back automatically not manually??

What king of gateway are you connecting to? G700,G650,G350,etc?

What happens when you do cha sync port-network x ? Is the command just not available ?

Its a prologix, I don't have that option.

On the prologic just type ch sync. This will enable you to put in the DS1 cards that you want the system to sync off of.

Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

I did type change sync then set it, but when the clock goes dirty or the PRI bounces it reverts to the tone board and I manually have to go to a cha sync again. The problem is I don't know when this happens until I hear that their faxes/modems are not going out?

If you are doing any monitoring via ASA, you can set up a report for "status synchronization" and have it emailed to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back