Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Harbour \ xHarbour ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael42

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
Hello,

Can someone please explain what the main differences between Harbour and xHarbour?

Mainly why would you choose one over the other?

Thanks,

Michael42

the programmers of harbour , pretend to built a 100% compatible compiler with Clipper 5.2e in different plataforms , ex: Windows 32 bits, Linux.

and the other hand , Xharbour is more aggresive, 100% compatible with Harbour and add other concepts and methods
ex. Sintaxis like C, Delphi

SWITCH cVar
CASE 'A'
CASE 'B'
CASE 'C'
CASE 'D'
cResult := "A-D"
EXIT

CASE 'E'
CASE 'F'
CASE 'G'
CASE 'H'
cResult := "E-H"
EXIT

cResult := "Other"
END

or

TRY
[THROW( <Exp> )]
CATCH <Id>
END

or

For var in [ Range ]
next

Free demo release of xharbour:
Here is a small part of the announcement:

>>>>
It is with great excitement that I announce today the availability of the first release (August 2003) of xHarbour, from
This release is now available as a FREE DEMO, as well as the un-restricted, Personal version, the Professional version, and the Enterprise Version, for our early bird customers (Enterprise Version additional features to follow in a few weeks).
<<<<

Rob.

xHarbour looks great!

Can I create common Windows GUI applications in xHarbour or do I need to get a third part tool like FiveWin?

I appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Michael42

Yes you can.
Why don't you have a try at de demo version?

Rob.

>> Why don't you have a try at de demo version?
Demo looks great!

Hmmmmm it looks like the only examples of Windows GUI is using Fivewin (FiveWin = $$$$$$$$$).

Can you please clarify. Is Fivewin embedded?

Are there any examples of building Windows GUI apps not using Fivewin?

Thanks again for your time,

Michael

hi all

i am new to harbour/xharbour. i have dowloaded them from the net but i dont know how to start with. i need some tips related to making exe for dos and windows 98. can i make exe with GUI and for Windows ?

thanks in advance

with best regards

sudhanshu trivedi
satrivedi@sify.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back