Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handsfree option on a M7310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue_G

Technical User
Feb 14, 2023
US
I have an old system from 1998, the phones are M7310's. I've had the handsfree option working at one time, and I had to switch that phone with another working phone. Now I can't get the handsfree to work. I read the post about how to program the extension, but the show list doesn't show the HF on the list. I also don't have a speaker button, instead it says intercom. I use that button when I dial another extension.

You can verify buttons using Feature * 0, then press any button to see what is does, when you press Intercom it will show your ext # instead of saying Intercom

I suspect when you plugged in the new set you lost your ext #.

This means the phone system's Set Relocation is ON which means if you relocate a phone the ext goes with it.

Suggest you call a vendor (onsite or remote) since it is technical programming per what Firebird says.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I am not going to pay someone to program the phones for a few hundred bucks, when I can buy one that has the speaker button already there for under $50.

Sue, the button isn't what matters. As Firebird and Curlycord mentioned, the programming is what does the job, whether the green button is on your M7310 or not, if it's not enabled, it wont work.

Figure out what system you have and read up on the programming manuals here:
B.

OK, thanks for the help. I will just live with no handsfree, although I still might buy a new phone.

No need to live without it, once you figure out what system you have, it really is something you can do in about ten key-presses. The programming manual will get you there though.

It doesn't matter if you buy a new phone, if that extension is not programmed for handsfree it won't matter what phone you plug in. As the boys stated above it's not that hard to program if you find out what system you have and look at the proper manual. I know guys that will walk you through programming over the phone at a reasonable price.

I don't know what system I have, and I don't have the manual. I did look at manuals online, but I was not able to find what I was looking for. As for the $$, it does not matter, my boss will probably not authorize it. I will just have to figure it out on my own. Once again thanks for the help. I now know more than I did before.

Sue, you can find out what system you have pretty easily. Go find it in the closet, it's hanging on a wall somewhere. It'll say Northern Telecom / Nortel / Meridian / Norstar on the front of it. Once you find this box, you'll be able to understand by looking at it what system you have, if you can get that far, we can help you find the right programming guide.

Ok, I found the system. I saw a few different numbers, NT5B41GB - 03 and NNTM040CC1K2 I also saw a tag with RJ31X on it.

Okay, well, we just found out that you have a system with a CID card in it, which means it's likely either a MICS or CICS.

Head there, look at the photos and tell us what system looks exactly like what you saw hanging on the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back