Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hands free sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirkware

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2006
US
Easy question guys: What do you like to use for hands free on T7316E phones? I've got a few MICS and CICS systems I support with mostly these phones, and, until today, no one asked for hands free.

I *assume* there's a specific solution for these phones since they have a jack for connecting a headset, but I've never seen the actual headset that connects to it. Is that what you guys use, or do you just use a generic hands free device that connects on the hand set cord?

Thanks!

Go to plantronics.com or gn netcom.com. Look for t7316 compatibale.

Also, Plantronic sells a very nice wireless headset and handset lifter called CS50 and HL10. A little pricy but worth it. I always suggest the CS50 to my customers, but WATCH OUT, as you may need to also get a line filter from them to block out the power hum from the Norstar phone.

Yes, use the headset jack from underneath the telephone for a simple headset.

DScot said "use the headset jack from underneath the telephone for a simple headset".

THATS what I'm wanting to know...What am I looking for in a *simple* headset? I'm not looking for something that costs as much as the phone. I'm looking for simple...I'm having a hard time believing I need to spend $100+ to allow someone in a quiet office to have a conversation without tying their hands to a handset.

It's my understanding that the phone contains the necessary amplifier to use a headset without the separate box/power. Is that correct? If that is the case, and a headset says "requires the use of an amplifier", will it work, or is there more to it than that?

Do I just need something that physically plugs into that jack, or is there something in particular that the headset has to do to work? What's really frustrating is that the pictures of the headsets I find through Google searches never show the plug on the end of the cord. Is the needed plug for the T7316e the standard for headsets? If a headset does not mention its plug, do we just assume it uses the standard?

It's these things that are "so obvious it goes without saying" that always bite me. I love the phrase "obviously the obvious isn't obvious to everyone".

Use any P-series Plantronics headset or the H-series headsets to use with an adapter. Plantronics headsets are cheap and have a good warranty policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back