Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Handling fields with no data in Word mail merge 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

atadbitslow

Programmer
Feb 26, 2001
US
I have a mail merge setup in Word 2000 using an Access 97 table. The merge fields have been placed in a form letter. Some letters within the same merge do not have data for all the merge fields. Because of this, there is extra blank spaces in the merged letter where the data would appear if it existed. Is there a way to tell Word if no data in a merge field, then do not leave a blank space??

Thanks! Excuse my confusion....it's only temporary......

On the Mail Merge helper, select the Merge... button under section #3. Select "Don't print blank lines when data fields are empty."

Yes, I know about that, but that only applies to blank LINES I believe, I need to not print blank SPACES. The merge fields in my case that may or may not have data are within a paragraph.............

Thanks anyways- Excuse my confusion....it's only temporary......

Thanks! Did it and it worked... Excuse my confusion....it's only temporary......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back