Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HAMMERLAUNCH problem - Good Issue for true Crystal Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpalmer150

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
US
I produced a Report using Crystal v8.5 connected to a ODBC MSAccess datasource. The connected query is a Access Crosstab which has several subqueries and 2 parameters (Yr & Mo).

Recently our company purchased HammerLaunch v2.2 (A Crystal report viewer developed by Hammerman Associates) which I was told is built on top of Crystal v9.0. The new version of HammerLaunch was guaranteed to be backwards compatible to previous versions of Crystal however I haven't been able to get most of my reports to run in the viewer.

Whenever I use stored procedures within the Access query I receive the error:

Query Engine Error: '07002:[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too fee parameters. Expected 1.'

Hammerman support told me that I had to have all my parameters in the top level query. (Which doesn't make sense to me since this wasn't required with Crystal v8.5) However I tried this and the error continued.

My question is, are there any differences between how the MSAccess ODBC Driver is utilized in v8.5 vs v9.0? Are parameter values passed differently within the two versions? I'm basically trying to determine why this report runs in 8.5 and not HammerLaunch which is supposed to be 9.0.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I was supposed to roll this out several weeks ago. Urghhh!

hi

if you have a report design in ver 8.5 and you move it to ver 9.0
its not reversable.

cheers

pgtek

Is Hammerman saying that you need these parameters in the top level query to work with Hammerlaunch, or to work with CRv9? This may be part of the Hammerlaunch design and not related to CRv9.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Their Support technician pointed me to this article:

His formal conclusion was that the error was caused by a difference between v8.5 and v9.0 which could be remedied by following the steps recommended in the above article. However unfortunately this was not the solution.

My queries are not too complex however there are multiple layers which include select, union, and cross tab queries. There must be some other complexity in there somewhere that's catching up the system.

Note - Ken, I see you on Tek-Tips a lot and appreciate the help you provide to everyone.

Your welcome.

One test to see if it is V9 or Hammerlaunch is to try one of the other viewer programs and see if you have the same error. There are several others that use v9 technology and I have the complete list on my web site.

- tek@kenhamady.com

Ken,

Thanks a fine idea...I wasn't aware there were so many other viewers out there.

Do you have experience with any of these viewer packages? Have you come to identify if any are better than another? How about HammerLaunch …Opinion?

*Note – If you feel my question goes past what you normally provide as a ‘Tip’ then feel free to be general in your answer.

Thx,

Jason

The only one that I have used much is the Data Link Viewer and have had good luck with it. I think they all do similar things, but possibly in different ways.

- tek@kenhamady.com

Hi Folks,

I had a similar problem with my cView report viewing utility. The Cr8.5 and Cr9 drivers behave quite differently, so that is why I continue to offer versions with both run times. A cView license is valid for both versions, so no upgrade cost involved.

It looks like Cr10 will work fine with my Cr9 run time, but it still has problems with Cr8.5 reports. All the DB access changed with Cr9.

Upgrading your reports to CR10 may be one solution.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back