Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Half used consumables and auto shut off in 560

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuarthx

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
GB
I have a Phaser 560 - it has given the error message Stopped: Fuser Roll Replace - and stopped working. Looking at the fuser roll however shows that it has plenty of material left and doesn't need replacing.

How do you clear the error without replacing the fuser roll? What is it about a new fuser roll that the printer recognises and clears the error message as well as resetting the fuser roll counter to zero?

How can this 'new' condition be replicated with the existing fuser roll so that the printer will continue to work and the roll can be used to the end of its useful life?

There is a Quick Blow fuse inside the fuser to indicate that it is new. The message is to tell you that although the fuser looks fine it will fail fairly soon as it is now worn out.

Hi all, Having the same problem with the fuser roll. Have seen several postings about the fuse. I guess I'll step out as the dumb one and ask....WHERE IS THIS FUSE ON THE FUSER ROLL? everyone talks about it and that it needs to be changed but no one says where or how. Would appreciate the help. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back