Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HACMP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mag0007

MIS
Feb 15, 2005
US
Have there been incidents where one server fails over to the other server, and the primary server completly shuts down? I had to manually turn it back on....

Is this HA's feature?

As I know, McService Guard, HP-UX cluster has this option. I have never seen HACMP can do this. Maybe the software bug caused server dump.

software big = HACMP bug? or the software that uses HACMP?

I've seen HACMP do this more than once.just startup HACMP, and HACMP finds sth it doesnt like, node down at once.
It also happens when a takeover hangs, and you try to kill the processes of hacmp ( esp deadmanswitch ), you get a node down immediately.It allways helps to install the latest filesets of RSCT.

rgds,

R.

The actual fact is this, it depends on how you initially configure your cluster, also it may have to do with your filesystem/VG setup, look in your HACMP realted error logs in order to decipher what transpired.

I can bet that you will find what caused the glitch in your HACMP.out file, trust me.

HACMP will do this if it can't see the heatbeat of the other node.

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back