Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hacked BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokkena

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2007
US
I received a phone call from ATT and they said there's a bunch of calls to the Philippines present. No one around here made those calls. They said they could have been made from voicemail boxes. What can I do to disable making outgoing calls from Menus, Voicemail boxes, and anywhere else?

Thanks a lot!

Put a restriction filter on the Voicemail DN. That should eliminate any toll fraud coming form the voicemail.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.---George Carlin RIP

Are you sure it was AT&T calling you and not a Hacker? Did they ask you to dial any numbers?

Post your LD 90 SPN's

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Forget my last post on LD 90 SPN's, I though I was still in the PBX forum.

By default international is blocked, but checkyour Filters and see what you have your trunks set to.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

also disable outbound transfer in call pilot if u don't use it.

Disable any outside access to all your Vmail DNs.

Adversity is Opportunity

Short of shutting the BCM off I think that is all you can do and the previous posts state. Nothing is unbreakable. Google BCM hacking and you will get all kinds of info and you can start blocking it from there.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

i can remember a pretty frequent post about hacking BCM/NORSTARS you may want to search for that cause it covered just about every possibility, i would say it was a thread from about 3 weeks ago...hope that helps you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back