Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H323 trunk between Avaya and Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmigliaro

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2009
ES
Hello,

I am setting up a trunk between an Avaya s8720 and an Asterisk.
I was able to setup the trunk and send calls but the problem is that DTMF tones are not passing through from Asterisk to Avaya

If I make a call from Avaya to Asterisk everything works like a charm! voice and DTMF tones go fine.

The problem starts on the other way round. I am able to call from Avaya to Asterisk and voice is ok but tones do not go through.

This is the configuration I have set up on the Asterisk side.

[Avaya]
type=friend
host=100.101.102.103 ;#CLAN IP address that you have used to configure your signaling link
port=1720
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
canreinvite=no
dtmfcodec=0
dtmfmode=inband
;dtmfmode=h245signal
context=from-avaya2
gatekeeper = DISABLE

Thank you in advance

Have not tried this for quite a few years.

I know that I ultimately ended up putting a PRI between the Avaya and Asterisk systems with a T1 cross over.

It was seamless and far less hassle.

I used the Asterisk system to provide call capabilites to an Avaya system. The Avaya system can provide these services, but $$$$$$$. We had approximately 35 agents on the system to work a 9 month project. Agents used softphones on PC's with USB headsets.

Worked great. Had to purchase the DS1 board to be installed in Asterisk, we already had a spare in the Avaya, so investment was minimal.

Incoming calls came through the Avaya system, using a VDN/Vector/Announcement to route calls when necessary to the call center. Was a very sweet setup.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

------------------------------------------------------
New Post tikimon7 (TechnicalUser)
4 Oct 13 14:01
see if you have option for: dtmfmode=rfc2833
------------------------------------------------------
I have already tried that but it didnt work.

Thank you for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back