Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H on tieline caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have an ongoing issue with a point-to-point PRI I have between my office and a remote office. When we call each other we're seeing the name displayed correctly, but the ext shows up as H1234. Is there any way to supress this H? where does this H come from? we've had multiple vendors try to correct this but no-one seems to be able to figure it out. Thanks in advance for your help.

ours shows the h also. never saw it as a problem though.

Check this thread 181-27567 it might answer some of your questions. Then try some searches on Tie lines, QSIG, Remotes and such. There is alot of info written in this form that you can learn just using the search button.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones

svhtech, how do I look up that thread? I cannot figure it out. Thanks.

MPLR09806 (plugin 14 from rls25.15) removes this "H

conigloi, I gave you the wrong thread go to 798-923501. At the top of this page that your reading now, go to the search bar and change the drop down list on the left to "thread". Then put in the number.
You should also do a search to learn more about QSIG.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones

thank you all. I'll read up on QSIG since I haven't any idea what it even means.

The "H" is a hard coded option in the X11/X21 software that indicates a Private Network Call.

In the US, this cannot be turned off. In the UK, the vendor can apply a special type of patch to turn this off. In Switzerland, Swisscom (who has rights to the Nortel source code) has written special patches to modify or change this on some of the older releases.

This "H" shows up regardless if the call is Q.SIG, or MCDN. It is applied whenever the PRI Setup messgae is received with NUMBER PLAN: PRIVATE and TYPE OF NUMBER: ESN or CDP.

--
Fletch
Visit the Nortel Technical Support Portal at:

We never had this H show up when we had an AT&T point-to-point T1. When we switched this circuit for an MCI point-to-point T1 we started getting this H. By sheer coincidence, my husband mentioned the other day that when MCI calls him, their # always shows up with a H in front of it. Any suggestions? We can live with the the H but everyone and their mother is asking me why we now have it.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back