Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H E L P MS Office Professional Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick4077

Technical User
Oct 19, 2004
US
About a year ago I installed ACCESS, EXCEL, Publisher and WORD 2003.

I did not install Powerpoint.

Tonight I installed Powerpoint and the other three programs have totally dissapeared!

If this is really gone from the hard drive I'm screwed and it's a MAJOR flaw from MS.

What happened?

Rick

I'm just guessing but...

I suspect you did an install that wanted to add or remove components and you probably unchecked the others thinking something like "I already have them so I don't want to reinstall them" only by unchecking them, you uninstalled them.

Can you roll back to the last restore point before installing Powerpoint?

I don't think a rollback will work if lwcomputing is correct. Which I suspect he is. I think you will have to re-install Office and take care which options you tick during the install!

Simple mistake of unchecking the boxes thinking you don't need the apps you already have. reinstall the missing apps, you shouldnt lose any documents in the whole ordeal as they are stored under your profile typically by default.

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

Yes . . . I reinstalled the programs, all of them, at the same time and now everything is all back together.

Whew!

Thanks much all.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back