Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

h.323 trunk group member assignments

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoehorn

MIS
Jul 9, 2001
US
The far-end of an h.323 trunk group used the auto method to assign the first 31 members using sig group A then used the manual method to add the next 31 members using sig group B to make 62 member h.323 trunk group. The near-end of the h.323 trunk group is configured with all 62 members added manually from 2 sig groups C and D. The issue is only a max of 31 trunk group members can be active and all others get fast busy wave off when dialing the TAC. I think the problem is the way they built the far-end trunk described with both auto and manual. Can someone confirm that this is what is causing the problem? The far-end trunk group is using processor ethernet, CM6 pbx. The near-end trunk group is using 2 different clans, CM5.2.4 pbx. The near-end is a duplicate of a previous working trunk-group to a CM3 PBX. The far-end is not the same because of the mixed way the members were added.

Thanks,
Chris

I'm not a fan of building trunk groups like this. I'd much rather build 2 trunk groups ie from A to C and B to D. then combine the 2 with a route pattern.

YMMV, of course

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Can anyone provide me with the intructions on how to bounce a primary or seconday D-Channel?

Thanks everyone

busy the port
release the port

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Can you include screenshots of your Trunk & signaling group config for both near & far end

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back