Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H.323 IP Trunk Digit Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTMF2011

Technical User
Dec 6, 2010
US
I have H.323 IP trunks between two Nortel PBX systems. I have 8 digit ESN dialing working but would also like to send the calls that would use PSTN accross the ties to avoid the toll. To date I have been unable to use IDC to convert the digits.
When I run a d-channel trace I am seeing 1116884300 as the delivered digits. I'd like to convert the 4300 digits to extension 2300 using an IDC table. I believe the 111 is disregarded by the PBX but is it possible to delete the 688 (NXX digits)from the string? I only see where the IDC table can convert 4 digits to 4 digits or sequences of same.

Thanks

Do you mean off-net calls that should be on-net? If so, create a DMI that deletes the leading digits and only send the CDP number.

I'm not sure if IDC works on CDP/private calls so maybe you can delete the leading 4 too and add the 2.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Here's the D-Channel output for the two call types.
ESN calls look like this:
CALLED #:1112124100 NUM PLAN: PRIVATE/RESERVED (LOC)
PSTN calls look like this:
CALLED #:1116884300 NUM PLAN: PRIVATE/NETWORK SPECIFIC (SPN)

I don't think I can use a DMI table on incoming calls. I think I need to strip the leading digits from the string so that the DMI table only sees the 4300.

DMI's are used on outgoing calls, not for incoming. What I mean is that you manipulate the on-net number before you send it to the other switch.

It looks like that you are using location codes for your network? If so the receiving switch should strip the location code by itself. Is the HLOC configured correct? And do you have just 2 switches connected or do you have more?

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back