Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H.323 Gateway to Avaya IP Office PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrhelpdesk

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2007
US
I have configured an H.323 Gateway in CCM v5.1 in India to an Avaya IP Office in the US.

I can dial 4 digit extensions in both directions without issue. The problem is that the Calls disconnect at exactly 10 seconds on every call.

It seems that the CCM sends a release complete packet at 10 seconds. The q.391 Cause value is: Resources unavailable, unspecified (47).

It is not a network resource issue.

Thanks,
Brandon

Can you provide the following:

Debug isdn q931
Debug isdn Q921
Debug voice ccapi inout

Enable CallManger detailed traces, make a call and send the trace file.

check switch port speed/duplex
check codec settings on both sides

Abdullah Ali

Any luck getting this to work?
I will be attempting to setup an Avaya IP Office (IP500 4.1), with VoIP trunks to a CCME.

Any advise?

Ike / ICCS

We have determined that there is some comabatibility issue with faststart on the Cisco and the Avaya. When the fastart handshake time reaches its limit (10s or so) the call disconnects.

Our Avaya version is 3.x, so our next step is to upgrade the Avaya to 4.x and try it again.

If we disbale faststart on both ends, the calls do not connect at all.

Have you had time to upgrade your Avaya yet? I have the exact same problem, and is curious to find out if that helped.

My systems: Avaya IP Office 406 v3.0 and CCM 5.1

With faststart enabled, the calls succeeds until the H.245 TCM timeout limit set in the CCM is reach. Maximum is 300 sec. (Not enough according to the users, even though I think it's a great way to have short, efficient calls ;)

So to me, the faststart works as it should. The problem would be with the H.245/H.225/H.450-protocols not getting along.

I have not tried the upgrade yet. Dropped down the priority list a little.

We still need to try. I'm kinda glad someone has seen the same issue.

Any progress on this one?

We are still trying to get this to work. The Cisco tech is pointing at Avaya, and the Avaya tech guys is pointing at Cisco. Both of them is commenting that the problem might be our network. But we have no problems with other applications on the network, the latency is ok, no dropped packets etc etc.

We are trying to get an upgrade done on the avaya system, but the progress on that one is slow. We are working on a backup plan as well, which is to replace the avaya pbx. To bad, since we dropped money on both hardware and support to get this to work.

I have recently worked on a client of ours who has this setup. I didn't do the setup so I am not sure how long the calls go between the two systems but I can give you the configurations.

IP Office is 3.1.29 with an IP Trunk ip address pointing at Call Manager with H450 but fast start disabled. Of course shortcodes pointing to the trunk group ID for the extensions on Call Manager.

Call Manager 4.1 with an H323 gateway pointing to the IPO. Route pattern pointing the extensions on the IPO to the gateway. Fast start turned off on Call Manager also.

Not sure if this will help anyone as both of the systems are older software versions and it sounds like some people are pointing to a router for their gateway not using CCM.

I have a similar situation and was hoping someone could enlighten me...
We have a CM4.1 and an Avaya Communication Manager 3.0. I have set up the Avaya Clan as a gateway and the trunks on the Avaya are in service, however when I try to make a call in either direction there is a 10 second delay and then I get an unobtainable tone.
I have checked on our Avaya system and there is a special application which says "(SA8507) - H245 support with other vendors" which is set to "no", does anyone know whether this would be causing my issue?

Any help would be much appreciated as our tech at Avaya cannot tell me what the issue is..

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Managed to get all working without adding the special app SA8507.
The only issue I have now is that when I call from Avaya to Cisco the name is not diaplayed on the Cisco. When calling from Cisco to Avaya the name does display on the avaya phone but not on Cisco.
Any ideas.

Thanks

If you wouldn't mind could you display your Avaya and cisco config?

I tried setting it up and can only get calls completed from the Avaya TO CCM.

Calls from CCM to Avaya do NOT complete.

We have upgraded our Avaya IpOffice to 4.1. I can now get the call to last beyond the 10s threshold however as soon as that 10s threshold is reached the voice quality begines to distort and eventually becomes unsuable.

The distortion actually starts at exactly the 8 second mark.

nrhelpdesk

On the Avaya IP Office IP Trunk is the Allow Direct Media Path checked? If so, uncheck it, save the configuration and reboot the IP Office. You may also have to change the H450 Support to QSIG. Any changes made in the IP Office IP Trunks will take a reboot to take effect.

Fonedoc[glasses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back