Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GWIA thru Firewall with NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGuySmall

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
Hello,

I am trying to set up Groupwise Internet Access for IMAP and connecting to a mail relay host thru a Firewall with NAT enabled. Any tips or tricks?

Well, were talkin a 3Com OfficeConnect DMZ (which I think was built by Webramp). 5 Stack IP's available. Everything behind firewall is NAT. I can one to one NAT up to 5 external IP's. Currently have 3 mapped one to one NAT for isolated ports for user access.

I have a similar setup using a Cisco PIX firewall. I forward the SMTP port fromt he public address for my mail server to the private address. I have no problem with POP3. For IMAP make sure you have the correct ports forwared (143). You can have all the ports resolve from one public address to many hosts behind the firewall.

Vince

Thanks. Any value to enabling BorderManager? I installed it, but since I am already behind a firewall, I haven't yet activated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back