Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gwia installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjsj

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2001
US
Hi all

when installing the gwia internet software 5.5 (4.11 sp9)it seems to get to the point of the internet host name check and always fails. i can ping from the target sever ok.

what is it looking for as the domain name that i give it is fully functional.

has anyone got any ideas as to what is going on as it has worked once on the firsat installation but not on this resinstalation

Is this a reinstall on the same server or another install on a different server? Do you have the GWIA set to deliver mail directly to the Internet or Forward to a Smart Host? What is the Error message on the GWIA screen? Check the /ETC/Resolv.cfg file on each server and make sure that they are the same as the one that works.

HTH
Ken

thanks for the info, i have found that i can ignore the message that says it cant resolve the host name. after it is all installed it works fine so maybe it was a bug in v 5.5 on a basic install

thanks for your time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back