Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GWIA: Error 450 Host Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfk8680

Technical User
Dec 20, 2002
NL
Hi,

One of my clients is using GroupWise 5.5. They cannot send email to what appears to be just one domain. GWIA moves all messages sent to this particular domain to the DEFER folder and gives an error 450 Host Down in the log. I did a lot of research and found that I am not the only one with this 450 error. I tried everything I could find but still don't have a clue what is causing this problem.

I donwloaded GWIP.NLM to test IP connectity to the remote mailserver:
- The MX lookup test was succesfull
- I could connect to port 25 without any problems.

I downloaded a telnet client for Netware (TEL.NLM):
- I copied the contents of a message in the DEFER folder and set up a TELNET session on port 25 and pasted the "script" into the telnet session. The mail was delivered correctly.

Also worth mentioning is that both the Groupwise server and the receiving server are in a corporate WAN. There are NO firewalls between them. The receiving server can receive mail from another domains and Groupwise servers in the same WAN.

Can anybody help me out here??

Thanks

Jeffrey Kusters

MCSA, MCSE, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back