Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW6 Attachment Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs

MIS
Apr 6, 1999
US
I have confirmed this at two different GroupWise 6 sites. When opening certain e-mails with attachments (usually long file names), the bottom part of the mail view Window where attachments are shown appears empty. On closer inspection though, it has a scroll bar which is actually scrolled all the way down. So unless the user is paying close attention, they would not know to scroll up and see that there are attachments.

Anyone else seeing this or know if there is a fix?

RIS

This is the first I've heard of this. Does this happen with one user, or many?

Stars

All users, different client sites. It does not happen with all attachments, only some. I will have to do some more experimenting to nail down a specific pattern.

I have seen this too.

We are GW6.0.1 running onw Windows XP

Hello;
This is not an answer to your question but a need for your opinion. We are running GW 5.5 and we are considering going to GW 6.x. or Exchange 2000. The reason we are thinking about abandoning GW is the ability to access attachments and the Address books using the Web Access. In GW 5.5, the ability to access attachments and the address books was terrible and really non-functional. My road warriors hate it. I was looking for some one running GW 6.x using the web access to see if attachments were accesable using the web access as well as the address books. Any opinion would be appreciated.

Barry Doucette
Systems Manager
Ferrotec US Corp.
Nashua, NH
603 598-7300
Bdoucette@ferrotec.com

Barry,

My company has been running Web Access for the past 3 years and currently we are running 6.0 w/o any problems.

Because the nature of our business, we have offices in many different states as well as people who telecommunicate and travel extensively. All of these people have been able to access and read their attachments w/o any problems. The only issue I have run into is when a PDF (acrobat) file is sent causing the user to do a "save as" and open the file with Acrobat reader.

BTW, accessing any of their address books has not been a problem.

All I can say is our company couldn't live w/o it! Hope this sways you toward web access.

Regards,
Stars

This is not the answer, but I have a question regarding GW6 attachments. Is it possible for a user to send an attachment and after 30 days the attachment will be deleted automatically from user inbox?
Any opinion would be appreciated.

I don't know of any way to do this. As far as I know the message and attachment are one once they arrive in the inbox. The only solution I know is to have the user delete the message.

However, you can send a message that the sender can set to "expire" within so many days from a user's mailbox. I would think this would take both the message and the attachment.

Regards,
Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back