Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW Personal Folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exc

Technical User
Jun 6, 2001
US
In GW 5.5 is there an equivalent to Outlook's Personal Folders. I want to avoid archiving messages. Just need something to get the emails off the server yet still be able to read them easily.

Eric
eciminski@graham.az.gov

What you are describing is archiving. You can create all the Personal Folders you want within your Mailbox, but the Folder still resides in your Mailbox, which is part of the PO, which is on the Server.

If you create the Users Archive on another Server, that should accomplish what you need, as well as keep the email that has been archived available to the User.

If anyone else knows of another way around this, lets hear it. I would like to know also! Maybe GW6 has a feature that will accomplish the task!

Good Luck!

I spoke with my wife. She is a Groupwise Admin and she suggested the following. Within GW go to Tools and use the "Hit The Road" feature. This will allow you to choose what you want to have on the local PC. From what she was saying it sounds like this makes a local copy so that if you want access your emails when not connected to the network you can.

I am not sure if this is what you were trying to accomplish. hopefully this helps.

"Hit The Road" will create a copy of your GroupWise Mailbox on your PC or Laptop, but will not delete or remove whatever is existing in the Mailbox already.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back