Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW error 500 recovery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1oldfoxman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2002
US
Getting the following error after the server went down, on a NetWare 6.5 server running apache and GroupWise 6 Webaccess:

Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 500
domainnamehere
Tuesday, October 3, 2006 15:04:01
Apache/2.0.48 (NETWARE) mod_jk/1.2.5

PKIDAIG shows no errors and I restored the apache, tomcat and webaccess folders from tape backup.
Found TID 10071785 and when doing a dstrace on ldap I get the following:

Unable to unload TLS module NTLS.NLM, err = -5975 (0xffffe8a9)
LDAP Agent for Novell eDirectory 8.7.3 (10552.72) stopped
NDS attribute "NSDP:membercertificateDesc" does not exist, mapping ignored
NDS attribute "staticMember" does not exist, mapping ignored
LDAP Agent for Novell eDirectory 8.7.3 (10552.72) started

It seems LDAP is corrupt, any ideas on how to fix it?

You're all over the place on what you're saying.

Does tomcat load? Do you know how to verify that?

Tomcat4
tcadmup

Those commands load two different instances of TomCat. When you try to load them, you should switch to the logger screen to see if there are any errors.

You can also verify they are running by typing:

JAVA -SHOW

You should have two processes listed that are the same, something like Catalina.org or similar.

A lot of times, if you have LDAP problem, SSL problems, etc, they will surface with failures on Tomcat.

Usually you'll have something that gives you more information for which to troubleshoot. You shouldn't have to restore anything from tape, that could just further escalate your problem.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

My network guy figured it out - you were on the money. His message to me:

"the load command for Tomcat was REMed out ". Go figure, someone was troubleshooting and loading manually and didn't restore the batch file to it's original state.

It's always somethin'.

dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back