Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW and O2k profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfrArch

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2001
Hi!
We have a GW6 installed locally on all wnt4.0wrkst in the enterprise. We have an Outlook 2k installed locally on all workstations too. Each of them connects to it's own mail system - GW:to GW PO, Outlook2k: to Exch2k.
It is neccessary for me that both clients could work correctly. I'm using ZENWorks DLU (Dynamic Local User) for generating a user account locally on each PC when a user log's on to Novell servers. Local (generated) user is in Users local group - has NO rights on local file system (NTFS).
For both clients(GW and O2k) to work correctly I must to create 2 mail profiles : 1 for GW (creates automatically , when GW installs) and 1 for O2k (creates almost automatically during O2k initial startup). Both clients MUST see both Address Books - GW and Exch2k. To complete this task: it is neccessary to add to the GW mail profile an Outlook Address Book (no problem with this!) AND to add to the O2k profile a GW Address Book and GW Personal Address Book.
How It is possible to add these 2 GW address books to O2k profile AUTOMATICALLY DURING DLU creation. (the problem is that DLU delete the local users profile during logoff)

Any ideas? Will be very appeciate!

Sounds like you have some fun ahead of you. There is one thing that might help you. Your using Zenworks Dynamic Local User deletes the local user on a successfully logging out. You can change it so it doesn't delete the local user. In the Dynamic Local User Policy, uncheck the 'volatile user' box. Hope that helps some. GL2U

Thanks for your advice! Unfortunately, it's not allowed in my case. but... I successifully solved this problem!

Victor K
destiny2002@list.ru
MCSE+I;MCSA;MCSE(w2k);CNE(5.1);MCNE(6);CIWSP;CIWSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back