Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GW 6. - Turning users mailbox off while their on vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdavis37

MIS
Jul 9, 2002
US
Is there a way to setup an out of the office rule but turn the users mailbox off so they don't receive any emails but others will know that they're out of the office?

I know I'm asking for the impossible. Just curious!

jdavis37,

If this is really necessary you could rename is account so that he doesn't get any email. Then you should create an external entity using his old username. Log into GroupWise as the external entity and create a vacation rule.

When he returns, just delete the external entity and rename his account back to it's original username.

It's a little messy, but it should do what you want.

-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

murof siht edisni kcuts m'I - PLEH

Yes,

this is a little messy. I thought I could do this from the users mailbox. thanks

jdavis37 said:
I know I'm asking for the impossible.
It's not impossible, but it's not as easy as you were hoping. There may be a better way. Perhaps others have suggestions.

-Ron

We all play from the same deck of cards, it's how we play the hand we are dealt which makes us who we are. -Me

If you are not worried about e-mails coming in, but just want none to accumilate in the received box. You could setup a rule that replies back to the sender, then have three Actions performed - "Reply" followed by "Delete/Decline" and lastly a "Empty Item". This way no e-mails are retained and a reply is generated.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Ok, Farout

This dosen't sound that bad but let me make sure I understand what you're saying.

1. setup out of office rule
2. setup another rule for reply w/either delete/decline
3. setup another rule to empty item

Is this correct?

No, just have ONE rule that performs all three actions. Making sure that the "reply" action is the first in the order. Then two additional actions of Delete/Decline, then the last action being Empty Item. A rule can perform multiple actions when a rule is triggered.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Whoa! I COMPLETELY overthought that one! Good idea FarOut.

-Ron

I can totally empathize with you on the over thinking Ron. I would say that it is one of my top enemies when it comes to trobleshooting a problem. But I have found that the Heroin really helps - LOL.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back